How to use eye tracking on your Alienware 17 R4
Complete 4 missions and level up with your Eye Tracking powered Alienware 17 R4 Laptop with GTX 1080, AMD Radeon R9 M290X.
Set Up Your Eye Tracker with Alienware 17
Learn how to install the Tobii Eye Tracker drivers and tool and how to get started with using the power of your eyes in your device.
- Download the latest Alienware Core Bundle Software
- Run the installer, go through the installation steps and complete initial calibration
- If this is the first time you’re setting up Eye Tracking, you’ll enter an interactive experience in which you save a spaceship and its crew from certain death using only your gaze
- You can access all settings and browse the Eye Tracking games library by clicking the Tobii Eye Tracking x Alienware system tray panel icon in the taskbar
Make sure you have the latest software. We are consistently providing updates to ensure way more fun while gaming.
Power On System Intelligence with Alienware 17
We have fully integrated Tobii Eye Tracking into the Alienware 17 R4 laptop, making your hardware the most intelligent piece of kit on the market in 2016 and 2017. Not only does it enhance your experience, but it helps you optimize battery life and save power.
- Wake on Gaze: When you look at the Alienware logo with Eye Tracking turned on, the laptop wakes from Standby Mode.
- Light Up Keyboard: The keyboard will light up in regions where you look – try it to believe it.
- Screen Dim, Lights Off and Sleep: Your Alienware knows when you are taking a break from gaming and the following will happen:
- The AlienFX lights will turn off
- Your screen will dim
- Your screen will turn off
- Your laptop will go to sleep
Enable Facial Recognition Login with Windows Hello
Turn on facial recognition to unlock and login to your Alienware laptop using Windows Hello. Safe, convenient and pretty damn cool.
- In your windows “Settings”, click on “Accounts”, then “Sign-in options”.
- Under “Face Recognition” click on “Set up”, then “Get started”.
- Create a PIN.
- Position yourself so that your face is in the center of the frame.
- Windows Hello will setup automatically and let you know when it is complete.
- You are now able to unlock your Alienware laptop by looking at the screen!
Level Up with Windows 10 Eye Tracking Interactions
- Windows Snap Assist: Select the window you want to snap, press “Win + Left/Right Arrow” to snap it to the side. The other windows will occupy the other half of the screen. Look at the window you want to open to highlight it, and press enter to open.
- Application Switcher: Use the “Alt+Tab” or “Win+Tab” keys to see your open windows. Look at the desired window to bring it to the front
- Warp on Mouse Move: Move the mouse to make the pointer appear where you look.
- Warp on Mouse Button: Assign a hotkey on your mouse to activate warp on mouse button. Click the assigned button to make the pointer appear where you look.